Super Duplex Pipe Fitting in S32760, S32750 (2507)
FAV is the manufacturer of Super Duplex Pipe Fitting with configurations like Super Duplex Hex Nipple,Super Duplex reducing bushing,Super Duplex Coupling,Super Duplex Pipe Adapters.
Super Duplex stainless steels are becoming more common. They are being offered by all the major stainless steel mills for a number of reasons:
- Higher strength leading to weight saving
- Greater corrosion resistance particularly stress corrosion cracking
- Better price stability
Duplex Stainless Steels, also referred to as austenitic-ferritic stainless steels, are a family of grades having around equal proportions of austenite and ferrite.These steels have a duplex microstructure which contributes to their high strength and high resistance to stress corrosion cracking. Duplex steels offer high resistance to uniform and local corrosion because of their high content of nitrogen, chromium and molybdenum. Duplex stainless steels have good weldability.
The austenite and ferrite micro-structure of duplex stainless steel has a number of benefits over austenitic stainless steel. Much improved since their introduction in the 1930’s, the low nickel content of duplex stainless steels makes them a more cost effective option.
The use of nitrogen as a replacement for expensive nickel gives several advantages, including enhanced tensile properties and greater resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion, and they are twice the strength of austenitic stainless steels. Their lighter weight also makes duplex stainless steels cheaper to transport and assemble.
What are the characteristics of Super Duplex Pipe Fitting?
- High resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking.
- High Strength.
- Combination of properties given by austenitic and ferritic structure.
- Good weldability and workability.
- Superior resistance to chloride pitting and crevice corrosion.
- Good general corrosion resistance.
- Suggested for applications up to 600° F.
- Low rate of thermal expansion.
In what applications is Super Duplex Pipe Fitting used?
- Oil and gas equipment.
- Offshore technology.
- Pulp and paper industry.
- Cargo tanks and pipe systems in chemical tankers.
- Firewalls and blast walls on offshore platforms.
- Storage tanks.
- Pressure vessels, reactor tanks, and heat exchangers.
- Rotors, impellers and shafts.
- Seawater desalination plants.
- Chemical industry, especially when handling chlorides.
- Flue-gas cleaning.
- Desalination plants and seawater systems.
For More Details on Super Duplex Pipe Fitting contact us on [email protected]
For more details on Precision Pipe Fittings category click here https://instrumentation-fittings.com/precision-pipe-fittings/
Advantages of Super Duplex Pipe Fitting
- Variety of styles , shapes and sizes
- Sizes available from 1/8” to 2” NPT.
- Options of Precision thread end connections
- Very effective seal between pipes.